Please Help me

  • tvrajesh3
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2003
      Hi,
      I am doing socket programming in Perl.I am using inet_aton function
      to convert from Human Readable IPaddress to 32 bit integer number.
      But When i print the return value,Iam not getting the return value of
      inet_aton as integer,it is returning some other values(combination of
      characters,symbols) .

      The Test Code is as Follows:
      #!/usr/bin/perl
      use Socket;
      $iaddr = inet_aton("107.108.7.1");
      print "iaddr is ",$iaddr,"\n";

      Please tell me do i need to include any packages.Actually i need
      integer as return value from the function, please tell me how to get
      a integer value.

      Regards'
      Rajesh