referencing question

  • Bernard Golden
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2003
      I am not sure how to accomplish the following and hope someone can point me
      in the right direction.

      I have an input datastructure that I read in (data dumper follows):

      $VAR1 = {
      'newsletter' => [
      {
      'newsletter_id' => '1',
      'newsletter_name' => 'Newsletter1 Name'
      },
      {
      'newsletter_id' => '2',
      'newsletter_name' => 'Newsletter2 Name'
      },
      {
      'newsletter_id' => '3',
      'newsletter_name' => 'Newsletter3 Name'
      },
      {
      'newsletter_id' => '4',
      'newsletter_name' => 'Newsletter4 Name'
      }
      ],
      'type_pref' => 'story',
      'site' => 'kaiser',
      'delivery_pref' => 'daily',
      'password' => 'passwordword'
      'email' => 'email@...,
      'action' => 'authenticate'
      };

      I want to create another one that mirrors the arrangement for output
      processing. I think I understand how to set up the overall hash using key,
      value pairs. But I can't figure out how to create the array of newsletters
      within a hash. Can someone point me in the right direction as to how to set
      this up? I'm reading up in the Camel and Llama books, but can't quite get
      the hang of it.

      TIA

      Bernard Golden