system date

  • Atwood, Diana
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6, 2003
      Hi,
      I need to populate a date field in a table. How do would I set the
      system date or current date?
    • prakash
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 6, 2003
        perl system date...

        my
        (undef,$min,$hour,$mday,$mon,$year,undef,undef,undef)=localtime(time);$year
        += 1900;++$mon;

        systems date through os..

        my date = `date`;

      • Nathan.Jeffrey@dhs.vic.gov.au
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 6, 2003
          It's usually done from the system. Try the "date" command.

          If you want to get the date, that's just localtime(). It behaves
          differently depending on if it's called in a list or scalar context, so
          you'd be best reading the doco. "perldoc -f localtime" :-)

          "Atwood, Diana" <diana.atwood@...>
          07/03/2003 08:10 AM
          Please respond to perl-beginner

          To: perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com
          cc:
          Subject: [PBML] system date

          Hi,
          I need to populate a date field in a table. How do would
          I set the
          system date or current date?

          Unsubscribing info is here:

          This email contains confidential information intended only for the person named above and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying or use of this information is prohibited. The Department provides no guarantee that this communication is free of virus or that it has not been intercepted or interfered with. If you have received this email in error or have any other concerns regarding its transmission, please notify Postmaster@...