Re: [PBML] need to run .exe files from the browser

  • Richard Carver
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 6 7:10 AM
      I think the proper way to do something like this is to define a browser
      Helper Application that would be launched when you clicked on a file
      with a specific file types. Like the a PDF viewer and the MS-WORD DOC
      viewer.

      I've never done this before but try googling on "browser helper application".

      Rich
    • Octavian Rasnita
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 6 9:26 AM
        I've seen a security problem of Internet Explorer that allowes that for some
        programs.
        I've tried it and I could open automaticly Notepad and the calculator.

        It was a security problems regarding something like dynamic data exchange,
        ... or something like that.

        Teddy,
        Teddy's Center: http://teddy.fcc.ro/
        Email: orasnita@...

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 6 2:36 PM
          Well, it's not technically a perl question, but anyway...

          You can't stop the prompts. You remember back a few years, all those
          dodgy ActiveX, "I'll format your harddrive!" type attacks? The questions
          are a direct result of that :-)

          Pankaj Udasin <pankaj@...>
          06/03/2003 07:54 PM
          Please respond to perl-beginner

          To: PBML <perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com>
          cc:

[...]

          This email contains confidential information intended only for the person named above and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying or use of this information is prohibited. The Department provides no guarantee that this communication is free of virus or that it has not been intercepted or interfered with. If you have received this email in error or have any other concerns regarding its transmission, please notify Postmaster@...