Re: [PBML] need to run .exe files from the browser

  • Brian Gordon
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 6, 2003
      I hope there is no way... if there is, we'll get FILE POPUPS! ugh...
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 6, 2003
        I think the proper way to do something like this is to define a browser
        Helper Application that would be launched when you clicked on a file
        with a specific file types. Like the a PDF viewer and the MS-WORD DOC
        viewer.

        I've never done this before but try googling on "browser helper application".

        Rich
      • Octavian Rasnita
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 6, 2003
          I've seen a security problem of Internet Explorer that allowes that for some
          programs.
          I've tried it and I could open automaticly Notepad and the calculator.

          It was a security problems regarding something like dynamic data exchange,
          ... or something like that.

          Teddy,
          Teddy's Center: http://teddy.fcc.ro/
          Email: orasnita@...

[...]

          Unsubscribing info is here:

          Unsubscribing info is here:

        • Nathan.Jeffrey@dhs.vic.gov.au
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 6, 2003
            Well, it's not technically a perl question, but anyway...

            You can't stop the prompts. You remember back a few years, all those
            dodgy ActiveX, "I'll format your harddrive!" type attacks? The questions
            are a direct result of that :-)

            Pankaj Udasin <pankaj@...>
            06/03/2003 07:54 PM
            Please respond to perl-beginner

            To: PBML <perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com>
            cc:

[...]

            This email contains confidential information intended only for the person named above and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying or use of this information is prohibited. The Department provides no guarantee that this communication is free of virus or that it has not been intercepted or interfered with. If you have received this email in error or have any other concerns regarding its transmission, please notify Postmaster@...