string concantenation

  • grappling_machine <faison09@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2003
      I am trying to get my variables $cpuscore and $userscore to print but
      it keeps printing them literally as strings and not variables.
      Any help would be appreciated.

      thanks
      Shawn

      print "computer score: $cpuscore\n User Score: $userscore\n";
    • prakash
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2003
        what was teh value u assigned to both of the variable and what are u getting

        perl -e '$cpuscore=10;$userscore=20;print "computer score: $cpuscore\n User
        Score: $userscore\n";'
        computer score: 10
        User Score: 20

        thisi s what i got...

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3, 2003
          Hey , i am using these variables to keep score in a game .

          the two variables $userchoice and $cpuchoice keep score and then are
          supposed to display the number in the end. thing is i am still
          confused as to how we are supposed to put together the variables and
          the strings in this instance.

          print "computer score:" $cpuscore\n" "User Score: $userscore\n";

          #this is the context of how i am using it

          if ($userchoice eq "scissors"){

          if ($target == 2){
          print ("Computer picked SCISSORS it's a draw ");
          }
          elsif ($target == 0){
          print ("Computer picked ROCK you lose ");$cpuscore++;
          }
          elsif ($target == 1){
          print("Computer picked PAPER you win ");$userscore++;
          }#end elsif
          }#end if

          print "computer score:" $cpuscore\n" "User Score: $userscore\n";
          sleep(1)
          }#end sub

          while ($cpuscore<5 and $userscore<5){ &rpscissors();
          }
          __end__

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          > > This email was pre-scanned by Spam Guardian
          > > A Service Provided by www.foothill.net and FNFmail.com

        • Carl Flippin
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 3, 2003
            This line is your problem. Your quotes are off. You want: