Re: [PBML] Challenge in Creating reports

  • Nathan.Jeffrey@dhs.vic.gov.au
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2003
      Really, I think you should be looking at the format() and write() calls.
      It should be able to do something very close to what it sounds like you're
      after.

      perldoc -f format
      perldoc -f write

      Yours,
      Nathan

      Krishnakant Mane <cssperl@...>
      02/02/2003 10:37 PM
      Please respond to perl-beginner

      To: perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com
      cc:
      Subject: [PBML] Challenge in Creating reports

      Hello every one.

      A few days back I had inquired about printing to a printer. I still don't
      understand how to send output to the printer. Any help in this regard
      will be welcomed. I want to know how to access the default printer and
      how to allow user to select another printer.

      My main question however is that if perl was initialy ment for reporting
      etc. then how is it actually done. I want to create grid like format for
      reports. When I display the report in a tabular format I want grid lines
      between the columns. Secondly I want to know how can I change the
      attributes like bold and italics underline etc. Is there any way to
      change the fonts also. And most importantly the size of the font.

      Please mail back as I am on a very inovative expriment. I have created a
      software in VB and through the call of shell() function I am going to call
      this perl script to print to the printer. I know how to run the scripts
      with the shell() function only I don't know how to create reports.

      Thanks.

      Krishnakant.

      This email contains confidential information intended only for the person named above and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying or use of this information is prohibited. The Department provides no guarantee that this communication is free of virus or that it has not been intercepted or interfered with. If you have received this email in error or have any other concerns regarding its transmission, please notify Postmaster@...