Challenge in Creating reports

  • Krishnakant Mane
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2003
      Hello every one.

      A few days back I had inquired about printing to a printer. I still don't understand how to send output to the printer. Any help in this regard will be welcomed. I want to know how to access the default printer and how to allow user to select another printer.

      My main question however is that if perl was initialy ment for reporting etc. then how is it actually done. I want to create grid like format for reports. When I display the report in a tabular format I want grid lines between the columns. Secondly I want to know how can I change the attributes like bold and italics underline etc. Is there any way to change the fonts also. And most importantly the size of the font.

      Please mail back as I am on a very inovative expriment. I have created a software in VB and through the call of shell() function I am going to call this perl script to print to the printer. I know how to run the scripts with the shell() function only I don't know how to create reports.

      Thanks.

      Krishnakant.