Stripping newlines etc...

  • gordon
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2003
      Hi there, Ive got a POP script etc.. & using it to pop my email & retrieve
      the email text..

      Anyway, Ive put each message into a @variable & looping through the lines
      etc..

      However - in my email programme, I'm sending :-

      A relativly short line here - and
      here is another line _ similar, but a lot longer although im not using any
      return/enter keys.

      anyway, it processes the short line ok - However, On my screen, the long
      line is just that - one lone line of text.
      But when retrieved through the perl script, the line is split into two
      seperate lines.. & this, the 2nd line 'fails' the criteria, & doesnt process..
      (each line is in a format, But can be varying lengths)..

      QUESTION :-

      Is there a way to 'strip' the computer-generated hard-returns, but keep the
      returns/enter keys that are manually entered by me ?

      SUMMARY :-
      Im designing an email script so I can do various simple tasks / maintenance
      on my site via email - reduce bandwith & screens to view etc..

      If there isnt any easy way to do the above, I can adjust the script a bit,
      To put each variable on a different line etc..

      G.