Re: [PBML] Digest Number 1102

  • Florence Chukwudebe
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2003
      anyone know how to use the cgi script in paypal to set up a gate way for people to get a user name and password after payment?

      There are 5 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Re: A little help please
      From: "John Doe "
      2. PL/SQL Call
      From: "Steve "
      3. Re: fetch mails content from yahoo mails
      From: "Octavian Rasnita"
      4. Re: Perl error
      From: "Octavian Rasnita"
      5. Re: Perl error
      From: "Octavian Rasnita"

      Message: 1
      Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 12:46:49 -0000
      From: "John Doe "
      Subject: Re: A little help please

      --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, "Greg "
      wrote:
      > --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, "John Doe "
      > wrote:
      > > I have made a search engine to list scripts on the internet now all
      > > need is that some webmasters submit their scripts to it.
      > >
      > > I thought that some of you guys would like to list some of your
      > > scripts.
      > ...and maybe you'd like to give us your search engine script?
      >
      > _G

      Do you want to make one like this yourself???

      I'll set one up for you on my server if you want?

      Message: 2
      Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 14:35:01 -0000
      From: "Steve "
      Subject: PL/SQL Call

      Hello,

      Has anyone used the following module with any success:

      DBIx::Procedure::Oracle

      This module allows the calling of Oracle PL/SQL functions and
      procedures without writing SQL statements to reference them.

      What I am trying to do is call PL/SQL functions from a Perl script,
      but I haven't had any success yet. If anyone has, or knows a better
      way of doing this, please let me know.

      Thanks,
      Steve

      Message: 3
      Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 09:38:24 +0200
      From: "Octavian Rasnita"
      Subject: Re: fetch mails content from yahoo mails

      And for Windows there is a program with a graphical interface named
      Yahoopops which is free.

      Teddy,
      Teddy's Center: http://teddy.fcc.ro/
      Email: orasnita@...

      Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 09:41:08 +0200
      From: "Octavian Rasnita"
      Subject: Re: Perl error

      I've tried this way first, but it gave me the same error.

      If I use just that code for forkin in a separate program, it works, but in
      the program I want to put it, it doesn't work.

      Thanks.

      Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 12:12:00 +0200
      From: "Octavian Rasnita"

      I've tried that, but it is the same.
      I've cut the script to see where is the problem and I found it though I
      don't know how to solve it.

      The problem is in the DBI module.

      If I use the following script, it gives me that error.
      If I comment out the line
      use DBI;
      then the script works fine.

      Here is the script:

      #!/perl/bin/perl

      use DBI;

      print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";

      $| = 1;
      my $pid;

      if ($pid = fork()) {

      }
      elsif (defined $pid) {

      }
      else {

      }

      I use Perl 5.8.0 under Windows 2000.
      I guess it might be a bug in the DBI module, or... I don't know.

      I don't even know where to report it, because I'm sure it is a bug
      somewhere.

      Thank you.

      Teddy,
      Teddy's Center: http://teddy.fcc.ro/
      Email: orasnita@...

      > Someone is bound to correct me on this but as I recall
      > the fork function has some major issues on win32
      > platforms ie. it doesn't work.

      Well it does work. Kind of. It just does something a little different
      because the underlying OS is different. Same for exec().

      > --- Octavian Rasnita wrote: > Hi
      > all,
      > >
      > > I've tried to use a fork function in a CGI program
      > > to run another perl
      > > script, but it gives me a bad error:
      > >
      > > perl.exe - Application Error The instruction at
      > > "0x28068533" referenced
      > > memory at "0x00000004". The memory could not be
      > > "read". Click on OK to
      > > terminate the program Click on CANCEL to debug the
      > > program OK Cancel
      > >
      > > Here is the part of the script that forks (without
      > > it, the program works
      > > fine):
      > >
      > > $| = 1;
      > > $SIG{CHLD} = "IGNORE";
      > > fork;
      > > close STDOUT;close STDIN;close STDERR;
      > > exec 'perl m.pl';
      > >
      > > Please tell me what could be the problem.

      Are you aware of the fact that you execute the exec() in BOTH
      threads/processes? Try to only exec() in the child as shown in the
      Ben's example.

      Jenda
      -- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery

      Unsubscribing info is here: