Re: [PBML] Sendmail problem

  • Kul
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2001
      Hi Alan,
      When I cut'n'pasted your first example and uploaded it to my server, it ran straight away (after changing the email address and adding a print content-type header).
      Now for a dumb question: Have you got any scripts working before?
      Are you sure that sendmail is in that location?
      try locating sendmail via telnet/ssh etc ("whereis sendmail")
      or if you dont have access to telnet/ssh, try this baby script:

      #!/bin/perl
      print "Content-type: text/plain", "\n\n";
      $sendmail =`whereis sendmail`;
      @mailloc = split(" ", $sendmail);
      foreach $loc (@mailloc) { print "$loc\n"; }

      Regards
      Kul

    • Franki
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2001
        Hi all,

        I am new and not terribly good a perl yet and I have a problem that is
        making me pull my hair out.

        I have an auto config script that is supposed to offer a way for people to
        configure another script via their browser.

        There is a section in this script that is supposed to add variables to a
        config file, it looks like the following.

        print LOGFILE "$CHECKOUT_PATH\n
        $HASHKEY_PASSWORD\n$IP_ADDRESS\n$SERVER_IP\n$ADMIN_EMAIL\n$MAIL_SERVER\n$SIT
        E_ADDRESS\n$SERVER_TYPE\n$RETURN_POST\n$POST_URL\n$BANNER_ADDRESS\n$TITLE_NA
        ME\n$BACKGROUND_COLOUR\n$TEXT_COLOUR\n$GO_CART_ADDRESS\n$POST_PATH_FOR_GOCAR
        T\n$GOCART_BANNER_ADDRESS\n$GOCART_STORE_NAME\n$GOCART_BACKGROUND_COLOUR1\n$
        GOCART_FORM_COLOUR1\n" ;

        This just puts the values of the above variables in the file. Like so:

        /home/httpd/cgi-bin/checkout/
        YourPassword
        Your IP Address
        E-Pay Server Address
        franki@...
        Mail Server IP Address.
        http://www.yourdomain.com.au
        TEST_SERVER
        CHECKOUT
        http://www.yourdomain.com.au/your_cart_address
        http://www.yourdomain.com.au/images/title.jpg
        My Stores Name
        #008000
        #008000
        http://www.yourdomain.com.au/cgi-bin/checkout/GoCart.pl
        http://www.yourdomain.com.au/cgi-bin/checkout/Checkout.pl
        http://www.yourdomain.com.au/images/title.jpg
        My Stores Name
        #008000
        #008000

        I need it to print out the following,. ( I'll just do it for the first one,
        there is no need to do them all.)

        $CHECKOUT_PATH="/home/httpd/cgi-bin/checkout/"
        I need it to print out as above instead of just the variables value.

        But no matter what I do, it doesn't print it out properly.

        Any anyone help me in how to setup the:

        print LOGFILE "$CHECKOUT_PATH\n
        $HASHKEY_PASSWORD\n$IP_ADDRESS\n$SERVER_IP\n$ADMIN_EMAIL\n$MAIL_SERVER\n$SIT
        E_ADDRESS\n$SERVER_TYPE\n$RETURN_POST\n$POST_URL\n$BANNER_ADDRESS\n$TITLE_NA
        ME\n$BACKGROUND_COLOUR\n$TEXT_COLOUR\n$GO_CART_ADDRESS\n$POST_PATH_FOR_GOCAR
        T\n$GOCART_BANNER_ADDRESS\n$GOCART_STORE_NAME\n$GOCART_BACKGROUND_COLOUR1\n$
        GOCART_FORM_COLOUR1\n" ;

        line so that it prints out the lot in the correct format?

        Thankyou all,

        Kindest regards

        Frank Hauptle
        http://www.gshop.com.au/
        franki@...

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4, 2001
          Hi all again,,,

          I have another small question,

          If I have a file, say confix.txt, that is written to each time people fill
          out a form, how can I have the config.txt file wiped of contents first.

          There can only be one set of values in that file, and the way it is now,
          each time I run the script, it just adds the new values to the bottom of the
          old ones.

          So that won't work. Is there an easy way to just wipe the contents of the
          file before the new values are written to it?

          Kindest regards

          Frank Hauptle
          http://www.gshop.com.au/
          franki@...