Pattern Modifiers

  • sjaak nabuurs
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2001
      Hi

      I'm not very good as you know with perl buth i have a question.

      I have a vertical scrolling marque with java.
      I create the page completly with a perl script

      Put $marque on a text box form and drop in some text in.

      Let's say
      $marque = 'here some text  from $marque who can't use soft and hard returns and no ' sign';

      example java in html
      var marqueecontents='here some text  from $marque who can't use soft and hard returns and no ' sign';

      How to extract them from $marque in a script so i don't get a java error on my html page.

      $marque = tr// \13\/' /n;                        # the clue

      Where to find or how to do this I have a perl book from O'reilly but my english isn't that good to understand this part Pattern Modifiers
      Is there anywere a easy explanation to work with tr//, s/// qr///  and that kind of stuff.

      Thank anyway.