Re: [PBML] Perl Books

  • John Cuson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 4, 2001
      the canonical perl book is widely considered to be programming perl from o'reilly, and i've also found the perl cookbook, also from o'reilly, to be very good in implementation matters. i believe a new release of the former is either out or very near.

      john cuson
      (jcuson@..., jcuson@...)

      " I haven't failed,
      I've found 10,000 ways that don't work."

      - Ben Franklin

      >>> "Franki" <frankieh@...> 01/04/01 04:37AM >>>
      Hi all,

      Can anyone make any recommendations for good books for reference with regard
      to Perl???
      Preferably reasonably up to date and with good coverage.

      Many thanks,

      Regards

      Frank Hauptle
      http://www.gshop.com.au/
      franki@...

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 4, 2001
        Here a online book http://www.codebits.com/p5be/

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 4, 2001
          ah, well in that case you want dave roth's "windows nt win32 perl programming", and perhaps the gekko book (learning perl on win32) from o'reilly.

          john cuson
          (jcuson@..., jcuson@...)

          " I haven't failed,
          I've found 10,000 ways that don't work."

          - Ben Franklin

          >>> "Joel Hartshorn" <joelha@...> 01/04/01 01:23PM >>>
          Yes...please let me / all know as well. Preferable with reference to
          editors on the NT Platform.

          You know that it is rather wasteful of you to just throw away
          two perfectly good newlines only to put two fresh ones back in
          their place. If I run out of newlines any time soon I'm going
          to track you down and steal some of yours!
          :-)

          andrew

          --
          Andrew L. Johnson http://members.home.net/andrew-johnson/
          There ain't nothin' in this world that's worth being a snot over.
          -- Larry Wall in <1992Aug19.041614.6963@...>

          eGroups Sponsor
        • Hudson T Clark
          Message 4 of 5 , May 10 11:35 PM
            Grate! =) I recommend also joining any perl group from yahoo that has
            more then at least 100-500 users they tend to be the most active.
          • Octavian Rasnita
            Message 5 of 5 , May 11 8:53 PM
              Check the code of the form from your page because it is not working.

              Teddy,
              Teddy's Center: http://teddy.fcc.ro/
              Email: orasnita@...