Perl Books

  • Franki
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 4, 2001
      Hi all,

      Can anyone make any recommendations for good books for reference with regard
      to Perl???
      Preferably reasonably up to date and with good coverage.

      Many thanks,

      Regards

      Frank Hauptle
      http://www.gshop.com.au/
      franki@...

        >     chomp $dex;                       # get rid of \n
        [snip]
        >         chomp $tai;                    # get rid of \n
        >         print "$dex\n$tai\n";

        You know that it is rather wasteful of you to just throw away
        two perfectly good newlines only to put two fresh ones back in
        their place. If I run out of newlines any time soon I'm going
        to track you down and steal some of yours!
        :-)

        andrew

        --
        Andrew L. Johnson   http://members.home.net/andrew-johnson/
              There ain't nothin' in this world that's worth being a snot over.
                  -- Larry Wall in <1992Aug19.041614.6963@...>

      • Aaron F Young
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 5, 2001
          the best Perl reference book is

          Programming Perl (3rd ed)

          it's authored in part by Larry Wall

          what more can I say

          as far as editors on NT

          I would say if you need a special editor, try out PerlBuilder

          on Thu, 4 Jan 2001 Joel Hartshorn typed

          --
          Aaron
          -----
          Message 4 of 5 , May 10 11:26 PM
            Ladies & Gents, I just recently joined your group in hopes of helping
            others and of course learning from those who know more than I. I also
            wanted to let you folks know that I run a tech site at
            http://tech.tagcon.net which has an extensive online book collection
            ranging from Perl to Microsft .Net. (I made sure there was lot's of
            Perl info).... I look forward to helping and working with everyon in
            this group.