Re: [PBML] Re: nested "while"s...(from newbie)

  • Andrew Johnson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 4, 2001
      Charles wrote:

      [snip]
      > chomp $dex; # get rid of \n
      [snip]
      > chomp $tai; # get rid of \n
      > print "$dex\n$tai\n";

      You know that it is rather wasteful of you to just throw away
      two perfectly good newlines only to put two fresh ones back in
      their place. If I run out of newlines any time soon I'm going
      to track you down and steal some of yours!
      :-)

      andrew

      --
      Andrew L. Johnson http://members.home.net/andrew-johnson/
      There ain't nothin' in this world that's worth being a snot over.
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 4, 2001
        Hi all,

        Can anyone make any recommendations for good books for reference with regard
        to Perl???
        Preferably reasonably up to date and with good coverage.

        Many thanks,

        Regards

        Frank Hauptle
        http://www.gshop.com.au/
        franki@...

          >     chomp $dex;                       # get rid of \n
          [snip]
          >         chomp $tai;                    # get rid of \n
          >         print "$dex\n$tai\n";

          You know that it is rather wasteful of you to just throw away
          two perfectly good newlines only to put two fresh ones back in
          their place. If I run out of newlines any time soon I'm going
          to track you down and steal some of yours!
          :-)

          andrew

          --
          Andrew L. Johnson   http://members.home.net/andrew-johnson/
                There ain't nothin' in this world that's worth being a snot over.
                    -- Larry Wall in <1992Aug19.041614.6963@...>

        • Aaron F Young
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 5, 2001
            the best Perl reference book is

            Programming Perl (3rd ed)

            it's authored in part by Larry Wall

            what more can I say

            as far as editors on NT

            I would say if you need a special editor, try out PerlBuilder

            on Thu, 4 Jan 2001 Joel Hartshorn typed

            --
            Aaron
            -----
            Message 5 of 5 , May 10, 2003
              Ladies & Gents, I just recently joined your group in hopes of helping
              others and of course learning from those who know more than I. I also
              wanted to let you folks know that I run a tech site at
              http://tech.tagcon.net which has an extensive online book collection
              ranging from Perl to Microsft .Net. (I made sure there was lot's of
              Perl info).... I look forward to helping and working with everyon in
              this group.