Improved PPM repository

  • Jan Dubois
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 18, 2000
      I thought I would let you all know that we just put the first release of
      our much extended PPM repository online. Instead of around 100 modules,
      we have now about 1000. You'll find the current list here:

      http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePerl/status.html

      This list includes all CPAN modules that were successfully completing
      their own testsuite on at least one of the ActivePerl supported platforms
      (Windows, Linux or Solaris). We did however remove all modules with
      restrictive licensing conditions (e.g. ones disallowing CD redistribution
      etc.). Some modules are also missing because they don't specify their own
      prerequisites in their Makefile.PL correctly. We hope to gradually
      achieve even greater CPAN coverage!

      To use the new repository, you need to upgrade to ActivePerl build 623.

      -Jan

      PS: Thanks to Brian for automating most of the repository maintenance
      tasks and to Murray for enhancing PPM so that it efficiently deals with
      large repositories.