Re: [PBML] How to grab a text from a file and assign it to a variable to compare

  • Hans Ginzel
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2003
      On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 04:52:47PM -0000, p_puri99 <p_puri@...> wrote:

      > I am very new to Perl. I am writing a very simple program to take a
      > value from a text file (/var/log/syslog) eg. msgid=<,,,,> and assign
      > it to a varible to compare later in the text file.
      > How could I take the vaules between <..> ?

      man perlre; perldoc -f split;

      /\<.*?\>/;
      $varible = $1;

      H.
    • Suresh Babu.A
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2003
        Hi All,

        What will be the better way to create a multiple ftp session. The number
        of session has to be determined by a flat file created by the user.

        And any link which talk about writing efficient perl codes.

        Thanks
        Suresh A.