Re: [PBML] Windows 2000 + Perl + Apache + MySQL

  • Vineet Agrawal
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2003
      hi,
      I am using Apache2 & have also installed Perl 5.8.0
      lately & they seem to be working fine in conjunction.I
      faced similar problem looking for a dbi & dbd's for
      mysql,albeit for a different reason.As a workaround i
      have installed myodbc which is a dbd for mysql.
      i havent tested the odbc & myodbc part yet.
      hope that helps.
      vineet
      --- Octavian Rasnita <orasnita@...> wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > Could someone tell me what versions of Perl and
      > Apache for Windows should I
      > use to make all these programs work together?
      >
      > I have problems because:
      >
      > The LWP module works well in Perl 5.8 but it doesn't
      > work well in Perl 5.6.1
      > I can't install the DBD::mysql for Perl 5.8 using
      > ppm because there is no
      > such a package available yet, so I cannot use MySQL
      > with Perl 5.8.
      >
      > I can use Perl 5.6.1 with MySQL but the LWP module
      > installed with ppm is not
      > working with this version of perl.
      >
      > It seems that I should choose to work with LWP only
      > or with MySQL only.
      >
      > Thank you for any help.
      >
      > Teddy,
      > Teddy's Center: http://teddy.fcc.ro/
      > Email: orasnita@...

      =====
      Vineet Agrawal

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Octavian Rasnita
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2003
        Thank you for telling me about myodbc.

        I've finally installed Visual Studio and I've compiled DBD::mysql.

        Under Perl 5.8.0 DBD::mysqlPP can be installed with ppm and it works exactly
        like DBD::mysql but it doesn't have all the functions available, ... and
        some of them are giving errors.

        That's why I've finally prefered to use DBD::mysql because I am thinking
        that other modules might also have problems.

        Teddy,
        Teddy's Center: http://teddy.fcc.ro/
        Email: orasnita@...

        I am using Apache2 & have also installed Perl 5.8.0
        lately & they seem to be working fine in conjunction.I
        faced similar problem looking for a dbi & dbd's for
        mysql,albeit for a different reason.As a workaround i
        have installed myodbc which is a dbd for mysql.
        i havent tested the odbc & myodbc part yet.
        hope that helps.
        vineet
        --- Octavian Rasnita <orasnita@...> wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > Could someone tell me what versions of Perl and
        > Apache for Windows should I
        > use to make all these programs work together?
        >
        > I have problems because:
        >
        > The LWP module works well in Perl 5.8 but it doesn't
        > work well in Perl 5.6.1
        > I can't install the DBD::mysql for Perl 5.8 using
        > ppm because there is no
        > such a package available yet, so I cannot use MySQL
        > with Perl 5.8.
        >
        > I can use Perl 5.6.1 with MySQL but the LWP module
        > installed with ppm is not
        > working with this version of perl.
        >
        > It seems that I should choose to work with LWP only
        > or with MySQL only.
        >
        > Thank you for any help.
        >
        > Teddy,
        > Teddy's Center: http://teddy.fcc.ro/