hardware information..

  • prakash
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 5, 2002
      is there a unix command to print hardware information of the sever??
      (not disk space .. like processor speedy and name.. all those..)
      or perl code.. (this is perl group ;-))

      -prak
    • hans@matfyz.cz
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 6, 2002
        On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 12:10:46PM -0800, prakash wrote:
        > is there a unix command to print hardware information of the sever??
        > (not disk space .. like processor speedy and name.. all those..)
        > or perl code.. (this is perl group ;-))

        You can read the /proc file system using perls I/O routines or
        output of some external commands: dmesg, uptime, uname -a,...

        H.