Re: [PBML] Updating Spreadsheet with data from text files

  • Mystik Gotan
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2002
      Hmm.

      www.perldoc.com
      www.perl.org
      www.perlmonks.org
      www.perl.com
      http://perl.pagina.nl

      And there are loads more.

      --------------
      Bob Erinkveld (Webmaster Insane Hosts)
      www.insane-hosts.net
      MSN: gotan2k3@...

      >From: Deo Bisnath <dbisnath@...>
      >To: perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [PBML] Updating Spreadsheet with data from text files
      >Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 08:46:25 -0800 (PST)
      >
      >Good day, Buenos dias, Namaste:
      >I am a newbie to PERL & Linux & bash. Coming from a WINDOWS/DOS world,
      >good riddance. I am working on Linux machine, gcc++ compiler, and
      >Anywhere Office with Anywhere spreadsheet. Would greatly appreciate
      >help on the following:
      >- a good PERL turorial(s)
      >- where can I find example PERL scripts
      >- a few ideas & pointers (e.g. where do I start...) on how to write a
      >script to do this:
      >go thru a list of ASCII files, select pieces of data from these files
      >and fill cells in an anywhere spreadsheet.
      >Thanks.

      >http://mailplus.yahoo.com

      Ontvang je Hotmail & Messenger berichten op je mobiele telefoon met Hotmail
      SMS http://www.msn.nl/jumppage/
    • Deo Bisnath
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 19, 2002
        Hi,
        I want to read this file into variables, each
        piece of data in each column into a variable in the PERL script. I am
        totally new to PERL and this is my first work on PERL. Someone worte a
        script and I have to change it. I printed doc from perldoc.com but I
        haven't gone thru all and it's a lot to digest.... You will be 100%
        right if you assume I know nothing about PERL.

        This is an example of the text file I want to read and store in
        variables. It is a config file.
        Thanks

        # Paths
        # only main path, not subdirectoires