Updating Spreadsheet with data from text files

  • Deo Bisnath
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2002
      Good day, Buenos dias, Namaste:
      I am a newbie to PERL & Linux & bash. Coming from a WINDOWS/DOS world,
      good riddance. I am working on Linux machine, gcc++ compiler, and
      Anywhere Office with Anywhere spreadsheet. Would greatly appreciate
      help on the following:
      - a good PERL turorial(s)
      - where can I find example PERL scripts
      - a few ideas & pointers (e.g. where do I start...) on how to write a
      script to do this:
      go thru a list of ASCII files, select pieces of data from these files
      and fill cells in an anywhere spreadsheet.
      Thanks.

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com