FW: Accessing web-based MS Access (mdb) backend

  • Chris Brown
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2002
      Hi.

      I develop MS Access databases for a living and was wondering about using
      Windows-based mdb backends on a website. I have a very basic knowledge of
      Perl.

      I had the idea of putting the mdb file on my web server and would like to
      use Perl to connect to it.

      Problem is I don't have a clue where to start! I use VBA/SQL to code the
      frontend based in Access, but getting a web-based Perl script to connect to
      the backend defeats me. Ideally I would like SQL functionality.

      Could anyone point me in the direction of a good tutorial site, or maybe
      someone even has some example code?

      Once I get started I'm sure I'll pick it up, but my experiments with DBI
      just don't work :(

      Thanks
      Chris