SunOS and Activeperl Install HELP!!!!

  • John Drabinowicz
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2002
      Hi Folks,

      I'm new to SunOS/Solaris and need help in the install of Activeperl.

      I'm running under:
      SunOS 5.8 as root.

      I FTPed the file:
      ActivePerl-5.6.1.633-sun4-solaris.gz

      Did a gunzip and got the file:
      ActivePerl-5.6.1.633-sun4-solaris

      and for want of instructions, I tried to run it as was and got the following
      error message:
      [root]#> ActivePerl-5.6.1.633-sun4-solaris
      bash: ./ActivePerl-5.6.1.633-sun4-solaris: Permission denied

      What am I doing wrong? can anyone help me or point me where to get the info?

      Any help is appreciated

      John D.