Perl 5.8 on OS X

  • loudawg32001
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2002
      I'm having some trouble upgrading from 5.6 to 5.8 on OS X. I
      can't get the "make" command to go. I get a message saying
      "make command not found". Am I doing something wrong or am
      I using the wrong command?

      Thanks,
      LK
    • Chuck Ouellette
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2002
        The make command, as well as a couple others that make will use,
        are usually found in the /usr/ccs/bin directory. Add this to your $PATH
        variable, and you should be able to build the program.

        Hope this helps,

        Chuck

        I'm having some trouble upgrading from 5.6 to 5.8 on OS X. I
        can't get the "make" command to go. I get a message saying
        "make command not found". Am I doing something wrong or am
        I using the wrong command?

        Thanks,
        LK

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=237459.2482214.3917349.2146399/D=egroupweb/S=17050069
        51:HM/A=1267611/R=0/*http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/N2524.Yahoo/B1071650;sz=
        300x250;ord=1036220896581721?>

        Unsubscribing info is here:

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • loudawg32001
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2002
          Thanks Chuck. How do I actually add it to the path? I new at
          upgrading Perl.

          Lou K

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 2, 2002
            In Unix if your in the "C" shell type in: PATH=$PATH:/usr/ccs/bin: (enter)
            If using the born or Korn shells type in: PATH=$PATH:/usr/ccs/bin:;
            export PATH (enter)

            You can also enter this into your .profile (for born or korn shells) or
            .cshrc file for "C" shell.

            Chuck

            Thanks Chuck. How do I actually add it to the path? I new at
            upgrading Perl.

            Lou K

            --- In perl-beginner@y..., "Chuck Ouellette" <chuck@w...> wrote:
            > The make command, as well as a couple others that make will use,
            > are usually found in the /usr/ccs/bin directory. Add this to your
            $PATH
            > variable, and you should be able to build the program.
            >
            > Hope this helps,
            >
            > Chuck

            300x250;ord=1036258099327860?>

          • Nathan.Jeffrey@dhs.vic.gov.au
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 3, 2002
              Maybe you need to specify the path? I've not mucked around with Darwin
              much, so I can't tell you where it is, but here are some samples...

              /usr/bin/make
              /usr/sbin/make
              /usr/local/bin/make
              /opt/ansic/bin/make

              Or, you can try to locate it...

              find / -name make

              "loudawg32001" <ljkelly@...>
              02/11/2002 06:08 PM
              Please respond to perl-beginner

              To: perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com
              cc:

              I'm having some trouble upgrading from 5.6 to 5.8 on OS X. I
              can't get the "make" command to go. I get a message saying
              "make command not found". Am I doing something wrong or am
              I using the wrong command?

              Thanks,
              LK

              Unsubscribing info is here:

              This email contains confidential information intended only for the person named above and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying or use of this information is prohibited. The Department provides no guarantee that this communication is free of virus or that it has not been intercepted or interfered with. If you have received this email in error or have any other concerns regarding its transmission, please notify Postmaster@...