open 2 new browser windows when submitting Form in a CGI script

  • Ballico Stretch
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2002
      Hail,
      How do I open open 2 new browser windows when submitting a Form in a
      CGI script as follows:
      ========

      if ( $action eq "Submit my AD!" ) {verify_form();
      idr_sql
      ("ssl","ssl","carlist_db",
      "vehque_carlist");
      email_store();
      email_notify();
      exit;}
      ===========

      How do I call a subroutine containing a javascript in the CGI?

      thanks,
      stretch
    • Krisztian Szabo
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2002
        You can always print a location header and hence redirect your
        browser to whatever URL you want to

        print "Location: http://192.0.0.1/cgi-bin/harlan/showguestbook2\n\n";

        of course this page can contain the needed javascript code that opens
        up another browser window.

        OR

        you can print a whole webpage using

        print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";

        print "<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Some title</TITLE></HEAD><body
        bgcolor=\"#FFFFFF\">\n";

        this can contain javascript function too. The same way you use it
        when creating a HTML page with javascript functions.

        -----
        Chris
        www.geocities.com/tensor_hu