Re: Server headers and footers

  • Damien Carbery
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2002
      --- In perl-beginner@y..., "Admin" <admin@w...> wrote:
      > How do I add a header and footer to web pages with out adding
      anything to
      > the web pages them self.

      If you can 'trap'/redirect calls to the web pages through a script
      you'd write then you'd be able to add a header and footer.

      So, a request for:
      http://server/dir1/dir2/file.htm
      would be redirected to something like:
      http://server/cgi-bin/yourscript/dir1/dir2/file.htm

      You'd extract the stuff from the end of the URL
      (ie '/dir1/dir2/file.htm'), print out the header stuff, open the file
      and print it and then print the footer.

      I don't know how to do the redirection I suggest.