Server headers and footers

  • Admin
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2002
      How do I add a header and footer to web pages with out adding anything to
      the web pages them self.
    • Damien Carbery
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2002
        --- In perl-beginner@y..., "Admin" <admin@w...> wrote:
        > How do I add a header and footer to web pages with out adding
        anything to
        > the web pages them self.

        If you can 'trap'/redirect calls to the web pages through a script
        you'd write then you'd be able to add a header and footer.

        So, a request for:
        http://server/dir1/dir2/file.htm
        would be redirected to something like:
        http://server/cgi-bin/yourscript/dir1/dir2/file.htm

        You'd extract the stuff from the end of the URL
        (ie '/dir1/dir2/file.htm'), print out the header stuff, open the file
        and print it and then print the footer.

        I don't know how to do the redirection I suggest.