RE: [PBML] RE: Newbe was Random Number Generator

  • Greg Webster
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2002
      Excellent post, thank you.

      Patience is much easier when you have some footing and some confidence in
      what you are doing.

      A short story...my father was a heavy-duty mechanic, and in my teens I
      helped him out on a number of things. Once day I was working on the clutch
      to a large cat tractor, and had a piece of technology that I had to take
      apart...now I knew all about wrenches, screwdrivers, bolts and nuts, but
      there was nothing like this there. I tried like crazy to pry, pull, push
      and twist every part of it. Frustrated, I gave up, my father walked over
      with some weird toothed clamp tool and it came off in 3 seconds.

      Perl is just a set of tools...sometimes it's impossible to solve a problem
      without help because you may need a specific tool that you've never even
      thought existed. The frustration comes in there because in many cases you
      can't even know how to describe the tool to fix the problem (ie. what you
      need to ask to get the right answer).

      Thanks to all who spend their time giving answers...right or wrong.

      Greg Webster
      List Owner