Re[2]: [PBML] Re: Random Number Generator

  • jake@thegoop.com
    Message 1 of 26 , Oct 1, 2002
      At 02:42 PM 10/1/2002, you wrote:
> [...]

      i never was playing God, and i dont think anyone else was trying to. We
      were just tryin to give the person (Rick) a learning experience, so he (I'm
      assuming he) gets more self satisfaction from figuring it out more or less
      himself, rather than just bein told the code with no explanation or anythin
      really.

      >Wherever you go, people are going to succeed and move up the ladder by
      >cheating. So you maybe able to stop it here, but the person will find help
      >elsewhere. You're basically just delaying the inevitable. BTW - I'm
      >saying anyone does this, I'm just saying it's difficult to prevent
      >cheating, and especially over e-mail.
      >
      >I would suggest first, get the person on the right thought process, without
      >necessarily giving out code. If they come back for more help, then help
      >them out with specific code.

      Again, what i was doing, maybe a little slow tho...also what the others
      where doin.