bye Rick

  • Bryan Irvine
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2002
      Everyone seems to be backing Rick up bye saying we should hav helped
      more. I saw Rick get more hint than probably anyone. Usualy people get
      links to a page to read for themselves, he actually got some code and
      even the outright answer. If Rick is all pissed off because he didn't
      read the responses to his email, and if he was confused about a response
      then reply to that. It's a collaborative effort here. We don't don't
      what you know Rick. We knew you know how to make a random number from
      0-10, and i told you below in this forwarded message to just to a +5.

      If you don't know how to do that, then reply and say, "but I don't know
      how to do that". Is it possible the teacher wanted to see who in the
      class already knew how to do it so he knows better where to start? Who
      knows, I'm sure he has his reasons for assigning an impossible
      assignment that probably only a couple in the class knew. The fact of
      the matter is, we _did_ help you. If you want to be all fussy about it
      because you want to be lazy, then you shouldn't be programming anyway.
      Programming is about working with other people (rarely is it done by
      yourself in my experience) to solve problems.

      Bryan Irvine