Log4Perl & cpan.pm

  • John Drabinowicz
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2002
      Hi All,

      OK, so my boss has decided that I'm going to use log4perl, as the developers
      are using log4j to be compatible.

      Now I've downloaded the log4perl package from source forge.

      Now I try to install and the install instructions say:
      "Everything is automatically fetched from CPAN if you are using the CPAN
      shell (CPAN.pm)."

      Alrighty then, I go the CPAN and there are all kinds of CPAN
      modules/utilities and whatnot, but no search of the site shows up a CPAN.pm.

      So the question is where do I get this deasty and how do I install it under
      Win32?

      Any help is as always appreciated

      John D.

    • John Drabinowicz

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2002
          From: John Drabinowicz <jdrab@...>
          > OK, so my boss has decided that I'm going to use log4perl, as the
          > developers are using log4j to be compatible.
          >
          > Now I've downloaded the log4perl package from source forge.
          >
          > Now I try to install and the install instructions say:
          > "Everything is automatically fetched from CPAN if you are using the
          > CPAN shell (CPAN.pm)."
          >
          > Alrighty then, I go the CPAN and there are all kinds of CPAN
          > modules/utilities and whatnot, but no search of the site shows up a
          > CPAN.pm.

          CPAN.pm is already installed on your computer.

          They mean that if you install log4perl itself with CPAN.pm all the
          dependencies will be installed as well:

          Run
          perl -MCPAN -e 'install Log::Log4perl'
          or
          perl -MCPAN -e shell;
          install Log::Log4perl

          and you should be ready.

          Jenda

          =========== Jenda@... == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==========
          It's just that in the mess on my table ... and in my brain
          I can't find it.
          --- me
        • Nathan.Jeffrey@dhs.vic.gov.au
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 1, 2002
            CPAN.pm is usually included with Perl. Quite handy, realy :-)

            A test, to see if you've got a module is...

            perl -MCPAN -e 'print $CPAN::VERSION'

            Which, on my systems, prints "1.59".

            John Drabinowicz <jdrab@...>
            02/10/2002 04:54 AM
            Please respond to perl-beginner

            To: "'perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com'" <perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com>,
            perl-win32-users@...
            cc:
            Subject: [PBML] Log4Perl & cpan.pm

            Hi All,

            OK, so my boss has decided that I'm going to use log4perl, as the
            developers
            are using log4j to be compatible.

            Now I've downloaded the log4perl package from source forge.

            Now I try to install and the install instructions say:
            "Everything is automatically fetched from CPAN if you are using the CPAN
            shell (CPAN.pm)."

            Alrighty then, I go the CPAN and there are all kinds of CPAN
            modules/utilities and whatnot, but no search of the site shows up a
            CPAN.pm.

            So the question is where do I get this deasty and how do I install it
            under
            Win32?

            Any help is as always appreciated

            John D.

            Unsubscribing info is here:

            This email contains confidential information intended only for the person named above and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying or use of this information is prohibited. The Department provides no guarantee that this communication is free of virus or that it has not been intercepted or interfered with. If you have received this email in error or have any other concerns regarding its transmission, please notify Postmaster@...