Re: [PBML] encrypt

  • Nathan.Jeffrey@dhs.vic.gov.au
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2002
      I'm guessing that compiling isn't enough encryption for you?

      Otherwise, any encryption method that's standalone is going to be bad,
      because you're going to have to embed the key in the executable in order
      to decrypt it on the fly. The only thing you'll protect it from then is
      the most casual observer.

      A better way would be to tie it together with GPG (or something similar),
      and have the users put in a passphrase in order to use the application.

      Take a look at GPG, it might do what you want.

      "power_of_wolf" <admin@...>
      30/09/2002 05:15 AM
      Please respond to perl-beginner

      To: perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com
      cc:
      Subject: [PBML] encrypt

      I was just wondering if there was a was to "encrypt" perl scripts and
      still be able to execute it.

      Unsubscribing info is here:

      This email contains confidential information intended only for the person named above and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying or use of this information is prohibited. The Department provides no guarantee that this communication is free of virus or that it has not been intercepted or interfered with. If you have received this email in error or have any other concerns regarding its transmission, please notify Postmaster@...