Re: [PBML] perl manpages

  • Nathan.Jeffrey@dhs.vic.gov.au
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2002
      It's probably got something to do with your MANPATH variable.

      If perl's installed under /usr/local/bin, then the manpages will most
      likely be installed under /usr/local/man. Your MANPATH variable must
      contain all the paths of where your manual pages are.

      So, in order to add /usr/local/man to your MANPATH, you'd do something
      like...

      export MANPATH=/usr/local/man:$MANPATH

      for bash/ksh or...

      setenv MANPATH /usr/local/man:$MANPATH

      for csh or tcsh or...

      MANPATH=/usr/local/man:$MANPATH
      export MANPATH

      for sh.

      Hope it helps!

      "zephantum" <jake@...>
      29/09/2002 08:13 PM
      Please respond to perl-beginner

      To: perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com
      cc:
      Subject: [PBML] perl manpages

      hi, sorry to bother you again but.... I just recently installed
      debian linux on a machine of mine. my brother helped me (i'm not
      really computer savvy yet) with it.. I was wondering how i would get
      all of the perl manpages, i dont seem to have them. Thanks.

      Unsubscribing info is here:

      This email contains confidential information intended only for the person named above and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying or use of this information is prohibited. The Department provides no guarantee that this communication is free of virus or that it has not been intercepted or interfered with. If you have received this email in error or have any other concerns regarding its transmission, please notify Postmaster@...