what is "-d"

  • Maisha Walker
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2002
      Hello

      I hope everyone's had a nice weekend.

      I was looking through a perl program and found this line inside a
      subroutine:

      return unless (-d '/usr/local/www/docs/INSERTURL.com/tpl'); #don't send
      mail locally

      the INSERTURL is where the actual URL is.

      Can anyone explain what this does? It seems like perhaps it stops the
      subroutine unless something is true, but I don't understand the "-d".

      thanks!
      maisha