Creating '.sav' files with CGI/Perl

  • scchapman_fan@angelfire.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2000
      I have been working on a CGI/PERL script that creates a new file
      (such as a '*.sav' file) when certain information is inserted into
      the HTML form and submitted. A brief description is below in order
      to give you a better idea on what I am trying to do.

      First of all, I have a small HTML form set up so you have to put in a
      name or alias in a text box, a password for that alias in another
      text box, and finally a comment or a suggestion in another text box.
      When the user then submits the information, the CGI script creates
      a '.sav' file from the information put into the form. This file can
      then be opened back up to be viewed at a later time.

      If anybody knows how to do this, or would like possibly a better
      explination (I am not sure I could), you can email me at
      scchapman_fan@....