Data extraction

  • adrian@logo-logic.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2000
      Hi Gang,

      I have a file that is called from a db that has <br> tags in it.
      Getting it from the db is no big deal but I need to be able to break
      it up on each <br> and assign it to a variable. the first bit of
      info I need is before a <br> so that makes it a bit tricky.
      Sort of like this:

      blah blah blah<br>blah balh balh<br>and then more blah

      In all I have 6 lines of info I need to extract so there are 5 <br>
      tags.

      Ive been fiddling with this but Im not sure what Im doing!

      foreach (split(/<BR>/, $desc1))

      $desc1 is the stuff from the db

      I think I need to get it into an array or hash and then I could just
      use something like: $desc[0] through $desc[5] to get at the
      individual lines from the db.

      Any help would be realy appreciated.

      Thanks

      Adrian