RE: [PBML] a humble request for Syntax Assistance

  • Jeff Eggen
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 28, 2002
      >>> japhy@... 08/28/02 12:10pm >>>
      On Aug 28, Sean Correia said:

      >> Software error:
      >>
      >> Can't call method "param" on an undefined value at
      >> /hosting/bowling/cgi-bin/admin/addcenter.cgi line 53.
      >
      >You need this at the top:
      >use CGI qw(:standard);

      >Not at all... he needs to use the $CGI and $DBH variables, instead of the
      >(undefined) $cgi and $dbh variables.

      I think use warnings would have done more good than use CGI. That would have pointed out exactly what Japhy pointed out, that you changed variable names in the file.

      Hope this helps,

      Jeff Eggen
      IT Programmer Analyst
      Saskatchewan Government Insurance
      Ph (306) 751-1795
      email jeggen@...
    • Chuck Ouellette
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 28, 2002
        I want to thank all who replied. You were correct that the CGI
        qw(:standard); wasn't the solution. It was in variable naming as suggested
        which is one of the problems with cutting and pasting code from other
        programs you omit a few things. I am still getting a server error at the
        end but the main function of inserting the data into the database table is
        working. The server error is telling me an unexpected end of script. I
        will work on that later as this particular program is for the admin not the
        public. Thanks again for all of your help. Hopefully someday I'll "GET"
        this and be able to return the favors! :-)

        Rgds,

        Chuck Ouellette
        Willette's Network Consulting Group

        >> Can't call method "param" on an undefined value at
        >> /hosting/bowling/cgi-bin/admin/addcenter.cgi line 53.
        >
        >You need this at the top:
        >use CGI qw(:standard);

        >Not at all... he needs to use the $CGI and $DBH variables, instead of the
        >(undefined) $cgi and $dbh variables.

        I think use warnings would have done more good than use CGI. That would
        have pointed out exactly what Japhy pointed out, that you changed variable
        names in the file.

        Hope this helps,

        Jeff Eggen
        IT Programmer Analyst