Re: [PBML] CGI question

  • Octavian Rasnita
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 7, 2002
      Try using $| = 1;

      Teddy's Center: http://teddy.fcc.ro/
      Mail: orasnita@...

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Sean Correia" <sean.correia@...>
      To: <perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 4:00 PM
      Subject: RE: [PBML] CGI question

      > Michael,
      >
      > I do not think this is possible. The way the browsers parse HTML is the
      limitation. Netscape for instance will not show you a damn thing until it
      reaches the final </table> tag. It's a browser issue, so there's nothing you
      can do in Perl that will help you.

      > - sean
      >
      > > I am trying to execute a perl CGI script and have all script
      > > output streamed to the browser window
      > > as the script proceeds. I don't want to wait until the
      > > script finishes to see the output. I want
      > > it to be displayed real time. Any help is appreciated.
      > >
      > > -Michael
      >

      > Unsubscribing info is here:

    • frankie
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 7, 2002
        Hi again people,

        Sorry for being such a pain lately..

        I have after much searching, I found a regex I need in another program...
        and modified it slightly to work for my application...

        This is the regex,, its a biggie..

        $line =~ s/
        # First look for an a, img, or area, followed later by an href or src
        (<\s*(?:a|img|area)\b[^>]*(?:href|src)\s*=\s*
        # Then an optional quote
        ['"]?)
        # Then the interesting part
        ([^'"> ]+)
        # Then another optional quote
        (['"]?
        # And the left-overs
        [^>]*>)
        /
        # Then construct the new link from the prefix and suffix
        $1.sprintf("%s",URI->new($2)->abs($images_url)).$3
        /segix;

        right now, it successfully replaces all relative image urls in a html
        document with the one I want to replace them with.. it does that just fine.

        However, I need it to replace ALL the image paths with my new one.. not just
        relative paths..

        at the moment, the results of this script are that all images except those
        that were relative in the first place have the wrong src attribute...
        (absolute paths are left untouched as they don't match the regex.. but I
        don't know how to make it match all of them, not just relative src.)

        Can anyone tell me why this thing only works on relative paths? and what I
        can do to rectify that?

        As always, I am really appreciative of any help.

        regards

        Frank
      • amitmorson
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 7, 2002
          Michael,

          That's what you do:

          As the script is triggered, the browser will be redirected to an html
          file. The output of the script file will be parsed into that same
          html file as the sript progresses. At the head of the html you put:
          <META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh"
          CONTENT="1;URL=http://www.somesite.org/somefile.html"> which will
          refresh and reload the file every one second. At the end of the
          script you remove the META tag so the file will stop refreshing when
          the script is done. This will give the user the "illusion" that
          he/she see's the script progress in real time.

          I think this is as best as it goes.

          Amit

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/