Re: [PBML] hashes in C

  • Bill Gates
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 6, 2002
      Do you have a Kernighan and Ritchies C, the second edition? In section 6.6
      they give you a hash function. They are also prevalent in many algorithm
      books.

      >--- ramprasad_ap <ramprasad@...> wrote:
      > > Hello All
      > > I have been programming for more than 2 years now
      > > . I now need to
      > > convert one of my codes to C. I am an absolute
      > > beginner and I just
      > > want to know how to implement hashes in C.

    • frankie
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 6, 2002
        Hi all,

        Just a quick question...

        I am using the LWP module to grab a page and save it locally (as $file)...

        using this:

        my $return_query = "$return_URL?$query_string";
        my $result = getstore( $return_query, $file);
        unless ($result == 200) {
        print "Cannot download $return_URL : HTTP Status = $result\n";
        }

        My question is,, is there any way to get LWP to save that file as one
        line???

        I want to have the entire file made as a long single line, so I can use
        simple regex to seach the file and not have stuff missed because its over
        multiple lines..

        I know I can do it with a foreach loop.. but I was hoping that there was a
        way to avoid the extra step.

        Does anyone know of anything that would be useful to me here? or should I
        just go ahead and make it a single line buy using a foreach loop, chomping
        off the newline and appending each line to the last one...

        any tips would as always be fantastic and much appreciated.

        rgds

        Franki