help : "No space left on device"

  • idarmadi
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5 3:14 AM
      Dear guru,

      This is more Linux question rather than perl's.

      When 'make install' perl into linux, I got these error message saying
      "No space left on device".

      I am sure it doesn't mean (or is it?) the free disk space, since I
      still have Gigas.

      From what I read in readme, it said "
      ****
      =item lib/ipc_sysv........semget: No space left on device

      Either your account or the whole system has run out of semaphores. Or
      both. Either list the semaphores with "ipcs" and remove the unneeded
      ones (which ones these are depends on your system and applications)
      with "ipcrm -s SEMAPHORE_ID_HERE" or configure more semaphores to your
      system.
      ****

      How do I increase the semaphores? I'm quite new with linux too.

      How do I fix the problem.

      TIA.

      Regards,

      Indramin