[PBML] Re: fetch CGI::Cookie Trouble

  • jpitchko@sgi.sk.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2002
      Thanks anyways, but the problem was because the script that access the cookies is on our local intranet. As such, we only typed the server name into the browser, and not the complete domain, therefore the browser was unable to access the cookie.

      John Pitchko
      Data Services
      Saskatchewan Government Insurance

      >>> daymobrew@... 07/29/02 04:49pm >>>
      --- In perl-beginner@y..., "John Pitchko" <jpitchko@s...> wrote:
      > Hey guys,
      >
      > I am having trouble when accessing cookies we've created. I am
      using CGI::Cookie in a script to generate the cookie and send it to
      the browser. This seems to work fine, as the cookie is then saved and
      I can see it in my local Cookies folder on my computer. However, when
      using the fetch CGI::Cookie command, we get:

      > Can't call method "value" on an undefined value
      at /appl/webdocs/cgi-bin/verify.cgi line 45.

      > We are using the exact code from the manpage and have no idea why
      this is happening. Any suggestions?

      > Thanks,
      >
      > John Pitchko
      > Data Services
      > Saskatchewan Government Insurance

      Post the code you are using. If you can only post extracts explain
      the assumptions that should be made while reading the extracts
      e.g. "variable X will have the IP address of the remote host" etc.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor