[PBML] executing programs from a CGI

  • Frank Hale
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 1999
      I want to execute a program from my CGI script but the
      webserver (Apache) will not execute the program.

      Okay this is what I am doing. I have a small script
      which gets the contents of an mp3 directory then
      creates an HTML form with the mp3's being listed with
      radio buttons so you can select one. Then you hit the
      play button (submit) and it fires up mpg123 and plays
      the mp3 locally on my machine. Problem is I can't get
      the webserver to allow me to execute mpg123.

      Can I do this from my webserver?