Re: [PBML] Re: mail module

  • IG T
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2002
      From: "webmaster_bmw"

      > > hello
      > > > i would like to send email purely out of perl
      > > not through and with an external application
      > > like for example Mail::Mailer does ?
      > > > are there any modules for that ?
      >What exactly do you mean by that?
      >To send e-mail using Perl you still need some kind of mail program such as
      >sendmail, or be able to interact with a SMTP server.

      i meant perl + module being autonomous
      without any external mail client application

      >What's your host platform (UNIX, NT, Mac)? What are you hoping to achieve?

      i am glad you mentioned it :) win me

      i want to experiment with automating emailsending
      using just perl + module

      >Greg

      thank you

    • daymobrew
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 4, 2002
        --- In perl-beginner@y..., "IG T" <goes_t_idia@h...> wrote:
        > From: "webmaster_bmw"
        >
        > > > hello
        > > > not through and with an external application
        > > > like for example Mail::Mailer does ?
        > >==========================================================
        > >What exactly do you mean by that?
        > >To send e-mail using Perl you still need some kind of mail program
        such as
        > >sendmail, or be able to interact with a SMTP server.
        >
        > i meant perl + module being autonomous
        > without any external mail client application
        >
        > >What's your host platform (UNIX, NT, Mac)? What are you hoping to
        achieve?

        > i am glad you mentioned it :) win me
        >
        > i want to experiment with automating emailsending
        > using just perl + module
        >
        > >Greg
        >
        > thank you

        Net::SMTP allows you to deal with the SMTP server directly.
        No external executable required. Works on all platforms.