mail module

  • IG T
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 4, 2002
      hello

      i would like to send email purely out of perl
      not through and with an external application
      like for example Mail::Mailer does ?

      are there any modules for that ?

      thanks for your time
      itg

      Mit MSN Fotos können Sie kinderleicht Ihre Fotos ausdrucken und Freunden zur
      Verfügung stellen: http://photos.msn.de
    • Jenda Krynicky
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 4, 2002
        From: "IG T" <goes_t_idia@...>
        > i would like to send email purely out of perl
        > not through and with an external application
        > like for example Mail::Mailer does ?
        >
        > are there any modules for that ?
        >
        > thanks for your time
        > itg

        Plenty.

        Mail::Sendmail, Mail::Sender, MIME::Lite, ...

        Jenda
        =========== Jenda@... == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==========
        It's just that in the mess on my table ... and in my brain
        I can't find it.
        --- me
      • webmaster_bmw
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 4, 2002
          --- In perl-beginner@y..., "IG T" <goes_t_idia@h...> wrote:

          > hello
          >
          > i would like to send email purely out of perl
          > not through and with an external application
          > like for example Mail::Mailer does ?
          >
          > are there any modules for that ?
          What exactly do you mean by that?
          To send e-mail using Perl you still need some kind of mail program
          such as sendmail, or be able to interact with a SMTP server.

          What's your host platform (UNIX, NT, Mac)? What are you hoping to
          achieve?

          Greg