GET method

  • uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2002
      I need to know: How do you make it so when you go to say main.pl it
      just opens the homepage, but if you go to main.pl?
      action=download&location=file.zip it downloads file.zip from the
      downloads folder? also id like to do something like main.pl?
      action=redirect&location=search and take the person to my search
      directory. I am leaving out of the country tomorrow so please send
      all the info you can and don't expect a response for a week.

      Thanx a lot!
      uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......
    • Adrian Stovall
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5, 2002
        just make sure that you send "Content-type: application/zip\n\n" instead of
        extension...most browsers should download the file, if they know it's not
        text/viewable. As for how to send the file to the browser, read up on
        filehandles and binmode...(and the EOF character sequence)

        I don't normally use CGI.pm, so I'm sure somebody else will give you more
        thorough advice based on it's use.

        I need to know: How do you make it so when you go to say main.pl it
        just opens the homepage, but if you go to main.pl?
        action=download&location=file.zip it downloads file.zip from the
        downloads folder? also id like to do something like main.pl?
        action=redirect&location=search and take the person to my search
        directory. I am leaving out of the country tomorrow so please send
        all the info you can and don't expect a response for a week.

        Thanx a lot!
        uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......

        Unsubscribing info is here: