RE: [PBML] Help connecting to an Access Database

  • Denny Malloy
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2002
      Thanks Don!
      It works. Your instructions where great!

      Denny

      Denny,

      I believe you have to register the database in the ODBC Administrator.

      Open 'Control Panel'
      Open 'ODBC Datasources'
      Click 'Add' on the User DSN Tab
      Select 'Microsoft Access Driver
      Click 'Finish'
      Enter a Name in the 'Data Source Name' field that pops up (eg. Database693 -
      This is the name you'll use in your script).
      Click 'Select' and browse to find your database and click 'OK'
      Click 'OK' on the ODBC Microsoft Access Setup page
      Click OK on the Data Source Administrator page

      That should do it.

      Cheers,

      Don