Help connecting to an Access Database

  • Denny Malloy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2002
      I am trying to connect to an Access data base using Win32::ODBC.

      I have read the documentation a few times and I am confused by what they
      mean by DSN.
      Follows is what the Doc says:

      $Data = new Win32::ODBC("MyDSN");

      Note: MyDSN should be either the DSN as defined in the ODBC Administrator
      -OR-
      It can be an honest-to-God DSN Connection string.

      I have tried putting the path of my Database in but this does not seem to
      work.
      $DSN="E:/xfer/693mrdf.mdb";
      $database_handler = new Win32::ODBC($DSN);

      Do I have to define something in the ODBC Administrator and if so how?

      Thanks for any help.

      Dennis Malloy
      Systems Programmer
      NPC, Inc.