Perl compiler

  • noticias03
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4, 2002
      Hi,

      Does anybody know if is possible generate an executable from a perl script. I need leave a program in a client but not want leave the scripts.

      Thank in advance.
    • tnas
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 13, 2006
        Hello folks,

        I would like of get informations about the perl compiler. I don't understand very well if Perl is a compiled or interpreted language. Where I could get these informations?

        Thanks in advance.

        perl -e '$_="tMM naaCt Feocmama_itpUilucoGa";$_.=$1,print $2 while s/(..)(.)//;print substr$_,1,1;'

      • Donato Azevedo
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 13, 2006
          On 11/13/06, tnas <nascimentothiago@...> wrote:
          > Hello folks,
          >
          > I would like of get informations about the perl compiler. I don't understand very well if Perl is a compiled or interpreted language. Where I could get these informations?

          O Reilly provides a sample chapter on the book Programming Perl, 3rd
          edition which is very good on this subject:
          http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/pperl3/chapter/ch18.html

          Reminding that perl is neither just compiled. nor just interpreted. it
          is somewhere between both =)
          --
          Donato Azevedo
          Engenharia de Controle e Automação UFMG
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 13, 2006
            On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 07:47:11PM +0000, Donato Azevedo wrote:
            > On 11/13/06, tnas <nascimentothiago@...> wrote:
            > > Hello folks,
            > >
            > > I would like of get informations about the perl compiler. I don't understand very well if Perl is a compiled or interpreted language. Where I could get these informations?
            >
            > O Reilly provides a sample chapter on the book Programming Perl, 3rd
            > edition which is very good on this subject:
            > http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/pperl3/chapter/ch18.html
            >
            > Reminding that perl is neither just compiled. nor just interpreted. it
            > is somewhere between both =)

            . . . keeping in mind that the part of the parser's process that
            involves "compiling" does not compile to machine native code like a C
            compiler, but rather to something more like bytecode or parse trees.
            I'm not sure of all the details, but that's what I get from what I've
            read (including the camel book, Programming Perl).