Re: [PBML] Sendmail help

  • daymobrew
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 4, 2002
      --- In perl-beginner@y..., "cvsr4099" <cvsr4099@y...> wrote:
      > --- In perl-beginner@y..., "Gordon Stewart" <Gordon.Stewart@i...>
      > wrote:
      > > To: <cvsr4099\@...>
      > > Cc: <webmaster\@...>
      > > <
      > >
      > > Try changing it to :-
      > >
      > > To: <cvsr4099\@...>
      > > Cc: <cvsr4099\@...>
      > >

      > > Do you get two copies, or one copy ?
      >

      > I only get one copy. I have tried all of the following
      combinations
      > with and without brackets:
      >
      > To: <cvsr4099\@...>
      > Cc: <webmaster\@...>
      >
      > To: <cvsr4099\@...>
      > To: <webmaster\@...>
      >
      > To: <cvsr4099\@...>, <webmaster\@...>
      >
      > To: <cvsr4099\@...> <cvsr4099\@...>
      >
      > All of the above send only one message to the first address except
      for
      > the last one. The last one sends to the second address only
      because
      > it is a malformed header.
      >
      > Ron

      You don't list the following so I ask:
      Have you tried:
      To: <webmaster\@...>
      Cc: <cvsr4099\@...>
      i.e. reverse the addresses, to confirm there is nothing wrong with
      the 'webmaster\@...' address.

      If you have access to an SMTP server you can use Net::SMTP to send
      your email.
    • cvsr4099
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 4, 2002
        The problem with sendmail has been solved. The administrators
        updated the sendmail module to the most current which only allows one
        email address. This is to prevent SPAM. Too bad they did not tell
        anybody. My work around was to set up another email account and have
        it forward the message to the correct people.

        I want to thank everybody for their help.

        Ron Gallimore