Re: [PBML] Sendmail help

  • cvsr4099
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 4, 2002
      --- In perl-beginner@y..., "Gordon Stewart" <Gordon.Stewart@i...>
      wrote:
      > To: <cvsr4099\@...>
      > Cc: <webmaster\@...>
      > <
      >
      > Try changing it to :-
      >
      > To: <cvsr4099\@...>
      > Cc: <cvsr4099\@...>
      >

      > Do you get two copies, or one copy ?

      I only get one copy. I have tried all of the following combinations
      with and without brackets:

      To: <cvsr4099\@...>
      Cc: <webmaster\@...>

      To: <cvsr4099\@...>
      To: <webmaster\@...>

      To: <cvsr4099\@...>, <webmaster\@...>

      To: <cvsr4099\@...> <cvsr4099\@...>

      All of the above send only one message to the first address except for
      the last one. The last one sends to the second address only because
      it is a malformed header.

      Ron
    • daymobrew
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 4, 2002
        > I only get one copy. I have tried all of the following
        combinations
        > with and without brackets:
        >
        > To: <cvsr4099\@...>
        > Cc: <webmaster\@...>
        >
        > To: <cvsr4099\@...>
        > To: <webmaster\@...>
        >
        > To: <cvsr4099\@...>, <webmaster\@...>
        >
        > To: <cvsr4099\@...> <cvsr4099\@...>
        >
        > All of the above send only one message to the first address except
        for
        > the last one. The last one sends to the second address only
        because
        > it is a malformed header.
        >
        > Ron

        You don't list the following so I ask:
        Have you tried:
        To: <webmaster\@...>
        Cc: <cvsr4099\@...>
        i.e. reverse the addresses, to confirm there is nothing wrong with
        the 'webmaster\@...' address.

        If you have access to an SMTP server you can use Net::SMTP to send
        your email.
      • cvsr4099
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 4, 2002
          The problem with sendmail has been solved. The administrators
          updated the sendmail module to the most current which only allows one
          email address. This is to prevent SPAM. Too bad they did not tell
          anybody. My work around was to set up another email account and have
          it forward the message to the correct people.

          I want to thank everybody for their help.

          Ron Gallimore